New Roots is:
A registered non-profit charity governed by a volunteer Board and was incorporated in 1977 as The West End Adult Day Care Centre Society.
New Roots is funded in part by the Vancouver Coastal Health Authority. It is necessary to raise funds from the private sector to augment funding in the areas of transportation, program materials, entertainment and general operating costs. All donations are greatly appreciated.
Goals and Objectives:
- To provide respite and support for caregivers
- To encourage independence and health maintenance
- To provide individualized programs through care plans
- To provide transportation
- To re-stimulate individual interests
- To link participants with his/her community through outings and activities
- To provide a supervised, safe and comfortable environment
New Roots is guided by the philosophy that people wish to live independently in their own homes with the assistance of community resources.
Participants and their families are encouraged to contribute to the development of a care plan tailored to the specific needs and interests of the participant.
We support senior adults to maintain an independent lifestyle, increase overall quality of life and encourage active participation in their community.
The West End Adult Day Centre (New Roots) is a non-profit registered charitable society serving seniors in the West End, Downtown, Yaletown, False Creek and the West Side.